“We are very excited about playing such a key role in shaping the local community with our contribution to ‘place making’.”
Coles Property Developments
The Coles “Mill Site”, located at Nambour, South East Queensland will connect two halves of the town centre, and is expected to stimulate the local economy with up to 1,000 new jobs. The shopping centre will be anchored by a full-line (4000m2) Coles supermarket, with offices and specialty stores, including preservation and re-use of the three existing heritage-listed former mill houses.
Coles hand-picked Downes to provide spatial science services for this project not only for our experience and expertise but also because of its commitment to working with local businesses. The new design is unique, character filled, adaptable and diverse, which according to Downes’ design principles, include all elements of successful places. As such, Downes sees this development as a significant “place making” enhancement to the Nambour town centre. We think the town centre nodal parking and the usable attractive public realm will promote active “main street” style frontage.
Our expert surveyors have provided:
- Land boundary reinstatement and definition surveys
- Set out of spatial control for geotechnical investigation and sampling
- Set out of spatial control for environmental concern areas
- Digital terrain surveying of Daniel Street
- Internal and external detail surveys of the site’s heritage buildings and associated areas
- Existing external trunk infrastructure survey.