“At Downes we have the experience, skills and equipment to handle any project, from design and planning to construction control.”
ENERGY and RESOURCES sector
KEY CONTACTS: Infrastructure & Resources - Tony Vella, Simon Passlow
Environmental Management - Stephen Vlatko-Rulo
Mapping and Survey - Tony Vella, Dene Brooks
From providing initial concepts, scopes and environmental risk evaluation, to readiness for the implementation of construction and infrastructure projects in the energy and resources arena, Downes Group has the proven expertise to deliver the flow of effective services required for large, time-critical projects. Downes Group is a Tier 3 supplier on the ICN Network.
Downes boasts an enviable list of blue-chip resource clients including mining, energy and construction companies. Positioned in the thick of the current Queensland energy boom, Downes has a comprehensive knowledge base and ready capability to fast-track further projects within this exciting space.
By taking a “team deployment” approach, Downes’ energy and resources clients receive a specialist team’s full attention. This provides a seamless “complete project” framework that delivers results.
Be it environmental services in risk avoidance, mitigation or management; due diligence services related to whole project statuary trigger identification, permit and approval management, short to longer term compliance management; or the latest technology in spatial science services in GIS mapping and surveying, the Downes team has already been there.
Whether you’re an industry veteran, or about to embark on an exciting but unfamiliar venture, by engaging Downes, you can access a highly knowledgeable and technically proficient multi-disciplinary team to formulate, design, implement and deliver.
We provide the following systematic, scientific and technical core services to the energy and resources sector:
- Complete Project Management: formulating, initializing, implementing
- Environmental risk analysis, statutory identification, approval preparation and submission, compliance management with all approvals and standards (ISO 14001)
- Environmental assessment related to project formulation (alignment decisions), site-specific conditions and report development to meet agency requirements
- Spatial Science teams and technology: Digital data management, surveying and resultant geographic information system (GIS) mapping.
- Agency and key stakeholder liaison.
During all projects Downes will:
- Start with the big picture
- Support collaborative partnerships
- Provide creative input
- Tailor plans for optimal results
- Be responsive and dependable
Downes is certainly highly regarded for its lead experience and expertise in environmental planning and spatial sciences within the energy and resource sector.
Recent projects include:
- Gladstone Liquefied Natural Gas Project
- Braemar 123 & 456 Power Stations
- BOC Gas Plant Site
- Kogan Creek Power Station
- Darling Downs Power Station
- Condamine Power Station
- Cameby Downs Mine
- Water Pipe Line- Wilke Creek to Darling Downs Power Station
- Talinga Gas Plant.