“We provide turnkey solutions to mining, road or rail infrastructure challenges and our pre-design surveys can be applied to any major project.”
Key Contacts: Mapping and Survey – Tony Vella and Simon Passlow
Environmental Management – Stephen Vlatko-Rulo
Infrastructure Planning – Stephen Vlatko-Rulo
From providing initial concepts, scopes and environmental risk evaluation, to readiness for the construction, commissioning and operational stages of infrastructure projects, Downes has the proven expertise to deliver the flow of effective services required for large, time-critical projects.
Downes Group has a proven track record in producing precise infrastructure surveys for development projects, particularly within the Energy and Resources sector, as well as providing planning advice for some of Queensland’s largest pipeline projects within both terrestrial and marine locations. This work has included environmental risk analysis, environmental approval delivery and third party auditing at every stage.
Any large-scale project has the potential to affect the environment. We have the tools and expertise to assess the risks and minimise the project’s impacts while simultaneously ensuring the project meets all the requirements of Federal, State and Local Government regulations.
Already the recipients of several sustainability and conservation awards, Downes Group is continuing to deliver efficiently and effectively in the current fast-paced sectors associated with the Energy and Resources boom across Australia and the Pacific Rim, without compromising on quality and long-term, sustainable outcomes.
We can form teams and deploy best practice equipment from our discipline areas to confidently develop accurate, precise and timely services. By taking a “team deployment” approach, Downes’ Infrastructure clients receive a specialist team’s full attention. This provides a seamless “complete project” framework that delivers results.
We provide the following systematic, scientific and technical core services for infrastructure projects:
- Complete Project Management: Formulating, initialising, implementing
- Environmental risk analysis: Statutory identification, approval preparation and submission, compliance management with all approvals and standards (ISO 14001)
- Environmental assessment: Related to project formulation (alignment decisions), site-specific conditions, field-based ecology surveys, and report/application development to meet agency requirements
- Spatial Science teams and technology: Digital data management, surveying and resultant geographic information system (GIS)mapping
- Agency and key stakeholder liaison.
During all projects Downes will:
- Start with the big picture
- Support collaborative partnerships
- Provide creative input
- Tailor plans for optimal results
- Be responsive and dependable
Downes is highly regarded for its leading experience and expertise in environmental planning and spatial sciences within the Infrastructure and associated construction sector.
Recent projects include:
- Inland Rail
- Sunshine Coast Airport Expansion Project
- Toowoomba Second Range Crossing
- Beaudesert Bypass
- Talinga Gas Plant
- Braemar 123 & 456 Power Stations
- BOC Gas Plant Site
- Kogan Creek Power Station
- Darling Downs Power Station
- Condamine Power Station
- Cameby Downs Mine
- Water Pipe Line - Wilke Creek to Darling Downs Power Station
- Linc Energy UCG Plant
- Carbon Energy UCG Plant
- Bruce Highway - Cooroy to Curra
- Santos Gladstone Liquefied Natural Gas Project- Gas Transmission Project
- QCG- Liquefied Natural Gas Project- Accommodation Camps.
A selection of Downes’ recent Infrastructure clients include:
- Department of Transport & Main Roads
- Australian Rail Track Corporation : Inland Rail
- Nexus Infrastructure
- Sunshine Coast Regional Council
- Western Downs Regional Council
- Toowoomba Regional Council
- Santos-GLNG Operations Pty Ltd (CSG)
- Bilfinger Berger Australia Pty Ltd
- Lanskey Constructions Pty Ltd
- Multifix Constructions Pty Ltd
- Catcon Pty Ltd
- QGC- Queensland Curtis LNG (CSG)
- Santos- GLNG Operations Pty Ltd (CSG)
- BOC Gas
- Linc Energy (UCG)
- Carbon Energy (UCG)
- Powerlink Queensland
- Tru Energy
- Cockatoo Coal Ltd
- CH2M HILL Australia Pty Ltd
- Haliburton Australia Pty Ltd.